If you have a CD burner, Picasa can burn a "Gift CD" that you can send to friends via postal mail:
- In the left-hand panel of the Library, click once on a folder (or album) that you want to include on the disk. Then click the little round CD button at the top of the thumbnails.
- If you want to include more that just that one folder or album, click the Add more... button at the bottom left, then in the left-hand folder list, click the check boxes to the left of each folder or album that you want to include. (Each folder or album makes a separate slide show on the disk).
- Click Burn disk. Insert a blank CD-R (not a CD-R/W) and click the Write button.
- When burning is complete, you can Eject the disk. Thereafter, when this disk is inserted into any PC, a slide show menu will display automatically after a several-second delay. Click to play a slide show. Also, this disk will play on most new DVD players for showing the photos on TV!
On the other hand, if you just want to put photos in a disk as a back up, You can make a backup CD or DVD. This is useful for restoring photos that have been purposefully deleted (to recover disk space), or that have been accidentally deleted, or that have been lost because of a computer crash. It can also be useful for transferring large numbers of photos to another computer.
- Click Tools => Backup pictures.
- Click the check-boxes on the folders you want to back up ( or click the Select All button to back up all).
- Click the Burn button.
- Insert a blank CD or DVD into the computer's CD or DVD burner. You will be prompted to insert other disks if needed. Label and store the disks carefully.
- To restore the photos to your hard drive, insert the (first) disk into the computer, wait until the pop-up box appears, click Next, and then click Restore. Wait until the restore is complete.