Caution! This will probably void your warranty, and you may damage your unit or lose your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- You will want to perform a hot-sync and backup the Palm LifeDrive volume to your computer before attempting this. This will ensure that even if you need to buy a replacement LifeDrive if you ruin this LifeDrive, your data will be safe.
- Turn off your LifeDrive, and slide the power switch into the Locked position.
- Pry off the rubber feet.
- Remove the screws and remove the bottom shell.
- Remove the inner shell.
- Remove the screws from the inner plastic frame and unplug the speaker wires from the motherboard
- Lift away the plastic frame
- Unplug the battery from the motherboard.
- Unplug the microdrive from the CF interface.
This question was asked on The HowTo Wiki.