The caste system in India is called Varna.
It is taught in the Vedas that each of the castes emerged limbs of Lord Vishu
- Brahmins (the priestly caste) emerged from the face of Lord Vishnu.
- Kshatriyas (the warrior caste) rose from the arms of Lord Vishnu
- Vaishyas (merchants) emerged from the thighs of Lord Vishnu
- Sudras (working class) emerged from the feet of Lord Vishnu.
- All of this symbolises that man emerges from the Divine and is on a journey of return to the Divine.
- Brahmins contemplate the Truth, which is verily Divinity
- Kshatriyas defend Truth against untruth
- Vaishyas discriminate Truth from untruth
- Sudras follow Truth in every day of their lives.