Welcome! Enter your question below. Please use words like "Who, What, Where, When, Why, How, etc..." in your question. Nothing to ask? Click here for a random, un-answered question.

How do I transfer property into my name when my parent left no will?

1,022,110questions on
Add New Page
Add New Page Talk0

Generally, when there is no will for a person who leaves no spouse, one of the heirs who is closest in degree in kinship to the decedent will be appointed "administrator" of the estate. This is distinguished from "executor" when there is a will. The administrator will execute an Administrator's Deed to you in order to place your ownership of the property on record. Technically, you own the property as of the date of death subject to administration of the estate. The Administrator's Deed is actually a formality. Many states do not even require one, but it is good practice to have one done. Such a deed makes clear that the property is no longer subject to the administration of the estate.

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki