The bacterium induces responses in the animal that it is infecting and this is what typically causes the symptoms rather than any direct toxin produced. Symptoms are usually gastrointestinal including nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps and bloody diarrhea with mucus. Headache, fatigue and rose spots are also possible. These symptoms can be severe especially in young children and the elderly. Symptoms last generally up to a week, and can appear 12 to 72 hours after bacterium ingestion.
In short Vomiting and abdominal cramps with complications from dehydration.