Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
More importantly you should be asking how long will it take for your teeth to rot, your body to become malnutritioned, your hair to fall off and then possibly how long till death. Still want the answer to your initial question?
The previous answer really says it all and puts your question into perspective. I hope you give at least a second thought to the idea that puking is an option for losing weight. To do so would really put your health at risk and lead to significant problems.
...self-induced vomiting or other forms of purging...may directly cause:
- Chronic gastric reflux after eating
- Dehydration and hypokalemia caused by frequent vomiting
- Electrolyte imbalance, which can lead to cardiac arrhythmia, cardiac arrest, and even death
- Esophagitis, or inflammation of the esophagus
- Oral trauma, in which repetitive insertion of fingers or other objects causes lacerations to the lining of the mouth or throat
- Gastroparesis or delayed emptying
- Enlarged glands in the neck, under the jaw line
- Peptic ulcers
- Calluses or scars on back of hands due to repeated trauma from incisors
The frequent contact between teeth and gastric acid, in particular, may cause:
- Severe caries
- Perimolysis, or the erosion of tooth enamel
- Swollen salivary glands
|Includes CC-BY-SA content from Wikipedia's Bulimia_nervosa article (authors)|