Welcome to my talk page. Please leave (intelligent) comments below.
We have a new contributor in chat. It might be good to come along and introduce yourself.
01:05, June 16, 2013 (UTC)
Greetings, it has come to my attention that we have a lot of chat moderators that don't even attend the chat anymore. Not sure what you guys think, (hence the discussion). But, I think we should perhaps remove the rights of those who don't attend chat anymore. Not lapsing due to inactivity, just not attending anymore.
Let me know what you think via my talkpage
19:45, June 17, 2013 (UTC)
Would i be wrong in creating the Category "Loony toons"?
We should at some point start a fourum up to talk with other users about adding and removing category's in my opinion.
- Ill double check the spelling and start filling the category, thank.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 17:45, June 20, 2013 (UTC)
I have nominated someone for administration rights earlier today, it's all been supports. As a result, I was wondering if I could close it early. (Early being today).
21:09, June 21, 2013 (UTC)
Admin request rules
Hey, Since i would count you as the boss here, i thought i should run this idea by you first.
Im seeing users nominate themselves for admin, while some of them may be good for the job, im thinking we need to set up some sort of rules for admin roles.
Im dont think it needs to be a massive thing, just some rules set in place to thin out request from less then desirable nominee's. The biggest of these i would say is people cant manatee themselves. Your work should speak for you, you shouldn't have to staff members should have to tell people they can do it, they should beable to tell by how you act and contribute.
This is something i really feel the wiki needs to talk about, more then my other ideas have thrown out.
Quesion about question
The question about Henry the seventh, the one i marked as i was unsure. If i may ask, as to get a better understanding, how would we tell the difference between a spam question, asked only to add to the workload and not out of knowledge, and a real question? Asking what color a long dead king preferred is asking us something nobody would know, we would need a document from the time that said "i prefer...".
In short, om just trying to understand why that wasn't junk.
Transferring rights to TheOriginalCrumpet
Hello, I ShadowLurker343 would like my rights as Administrator to be passed onto the above account and removed from ShadowLurker343.
Hi. It appears I may have read your mind. Whilst requesting a page to be deleted, it got deleted for the same reason as the one I was trying to get it deleted. Bit of a wacky coincidence, but I thougt you might like to know. Helen Theplait (talk) 16:47, July 31, 2013 (UTC)
Blacklisting starting letters
I was wondering if we should blacklist some starting letters. For an example, the letter J doesn't have any questions and most of it are redirects or homework. Thanks, Jr Mime Talk to me! | MuudyBot!
Contributions! | Edits! 01:18, August 13, 2013 (UTC)
Two things to be added to your bot
Hello there, two sub categories have recently been made and I thought you should know so you could add them to your bot.
- Bon Jovi (Bands)
- Nicki Manaj (Singers)
Thanks and have a nice day,
06:08, August 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Category:Geograhy Typo. Jr Mime Talk to me! | MuudyBot!
Contributions! | Edits! 23:08, September 5, 2013 (UTC)
An IP address check
Hi there, I am not me. I have blocked an IP address under the suspicion of it belonging to a learning instatute. If you could just double check for me, I would be grateful. Below are the links that will assist you further.
IP Address belongs to: http://www.bgfl.org/index.cfm?s=1&p=1945
Thanks a lot,
12:36, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, it's a school. I am not me (talk) 13:01, September 12, 2013 (UTC)
Is they're a noun pronoun or verb
- We have specific guidelines about what constitutes a homework question. Unless it is written in a way that it can't be anything else or it exactly matches one from a homework assignment when you search for it on Google, we generally allow it. I am not me (talk) 15:35, September 24, 2013 (UTC)
Hi I am not me. Do you think we should move all ditloids to What does the ditloid "7 = F F F F" stand for? It would be more precise and less confusing sometimes. Jr Mime Talk to me! | MuudyBot!
Contributions! | Edits! 21:57, October 5, 2013 (UTC)
- You mean wrap the ditloid in quotes? Yeah, we could do that. Though I usually prefer to forget that ditloids even exist, so they don't bother me as-is :). I am not me (talk) 23:30, October 5, 2013 (UTC)
Possible need of Bot
Hey, its been awhile.
Anyway, if there a way to get a bot to start adding questions involving God to the "God" category? Any question involving God isnt in that category. Im assuming there may be a reason, i just wanted to run it by you just in case.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 06:42, October 7, 2013 (UTC)
- I need to add it to QuestionCatBot to do it properly. The category is meant to refer to a monotheistic entity, not a member of a pantheon, so I have to exclude things like "Greek god, Roman god, Mayan god, etc..." I also want to exclude questions that refer to a particular group's brand of God, such as Judaism and Christianity. In other words, it's complicated and requires a lot of forethought to set up a bot to do it. I am not me (talk) 06:51, October 7, 2013 (UTC)
*Poke #3 *
Fixing a script
Hi I am not me, would you mind giving me admin rights again really quick to investigate why the IsQuestion script still isn't loading correctly? Thanks! — Foodbandlt (talk) 18:33, October 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Also uh... is this question appropriate for this wiki? — Foodbandlt (talk) 18:36, October 17, 2013 (UTC)
- I've given you the extra rights you should need. The question can probably be reworded, but as long as it isn't asking about where to get pornography or about the production of porn, we generally leave them. They're tracked in the Pornography so they can be monitored easily. I am not me (talk) 20:14, October 17, 2013 (UTC)
I like the idea of it, and with this, we three could all have bureaucrat rights. However, my internet will be down for about a week or less. Is it okay if I request the rights once it's back so I'll be able to edit full-time? Thanks again! --•••• + DeviantSerpent 08:33, October 28, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm back from the short absence. So, how do you suggest I request these rights? Usually I'd straight-up post an adoption request, but I don't think I'm able to do that with active admins on the wiki. --•••• + DeviantSerpent 03:51, November 7, 2013 (UTC)
Hey I am not me
I was thinking about the Bruce Willis article you made and i marked. Thinking back, was i not supposed to mark that? I thought about it and realized that it could have been a test for the bots and i didn't need to worry about it.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 23:57, November 18, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Suggestion Suggestion
I was thinking about having a bot (or at least placing this function on another bot) that finds and corrects game titles in questions. For example, it would find "thesims2", "sims2", "sims 2", and various other phrases and replace it with the fully correct "The Sims 2". I could set up many different games and expand it as I go. This would also have use on Wikianswers Xbox. Let me know what you think.13:43, November 23, 2013 (UTC)
RE Pokemon X
Hah thing is, I just do it for questions pertaining to both X and Y. But if you say so.
Re: Wikianswers Doctors
Hi, I saw already that you made me rollback. Thank you for your trust in me?17:51, December 17, 2013 (UTC)
Whats our goal?
- Our current goal is 28% answered (rounded down). If the number drops below 27.5% again, the site will be relocked until it reaches 28.5% and so on, and so on. Unofficially, I'd also like to get the total number of questions on the site down to 800,000 or less, although our goal isn't deleting questions per se (I just know that a lot still can be deleted or redirected). I am not me (talk) 03:13, January 13, 2014 (UTC)
What are our rules for plagiarism? Im assuming it isnt allowed without souring the information, but ive never seen it here.
Obviously I've been inactive here lately--I've been having on-and-off again internet troubles. I'm just writing to say after digging through my emails, I got another reply from Wikia about the adoption of the Pokémon Answers wiki. Apparently, creating an adoption request is going to be the only way for us to get bureaucrat rights on the wiki.
I'm not aware if you or Jr Mime have already started an adoption or another process to get the rights on the wiki--but if anything, I think we should all join in on the adoption. I'll start editing the wiki again so we can get back on track though!
http://answers.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/18.104.22.168 This unknown contributor keeps on posting things that does not concern to the question. In one question, it asked who this Irish person was, the person put, " I am, call me ;) ". Imperalist Xunr Ʈᵃᶫᵏ · Bᶫᵒᵍ 00:31, January 28, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, its been to long.
Anyway, I was hoping you might have some understanding of the chat rooms wiki's have, more directly the safeties they might put in place to prevent certain behaviors.
I know this wiki have blocks in place to prevent profanity, do we have that in this chat, and how can you add that to a chat to clean things up.
The elder scroll chat has been losing control, I cant be in there all the time, but we need ways to keep things in line when leaders are away or not responding.
- I will pass it along, Its up to the admins there if they want to try it, but we don't have to many ideas right now on what to do other then have more of us in there more often, and that doesn't always fix a problem. Thanks.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 04:27, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
Message Wall Feature Enable
Well I am not me, this is Lieutenant Allen. On the wiki features you see Message Wall section and enable it, because talk page have signatures and I don't need to look at that.
On this wiki, I'd like to see the Message Wall enabled to leave them a message instead of typing in sources section and edit it. It's shown in the users who left a message on user's wall on the current time without signatures.
- I'm well aware of what the Message Wall is and how to enable it, and if anyone who actually edited this wiki wanted it enabled, I probably would have done so already. 02:33, March 14, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, please can you come to chat ASAP?20:29, April 9, 2014 (UTC)