Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Baptism is a Christian sacrament.
Baptism is usually given to babies and may be called christening.
In the case of Adult Baptism - it happens when an adult elects to be a Christian - and is used a a symbol of the washing away of that persons sins.
Baptism of the Holy Spirit is the receiving of the Holy Spirit - this happened in the Upper Room at the feast of Pentecost as told in the Acts of the Apostles.
Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a sacrament in the Catholic Church; it is called confirmation, where the soul is sealed with the Spirit of God. This gives the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit. These are]
- Wisdom (against foolishness)
- Understanding (against shallowness)
- Right judgement (against rashness)
- Courage (against cowardice)
- Knowledge (against ignorance)
- Reverence (against coldness and contempt)
- Wonder and awe in God's presence (against forgetting who God is)
Anyone may seek baptism of the Holy Spirit by way of prayer and fasting, or by attending a Pentecostalist or Charismatic Church.