The Little Green Man was an animated series shown at 4pm on Children's ITV in Britain in 1985.
It was written and produced by Matthew Smith and narrated by Dr Who. actor Jon Pertwee.
The series was filmed at the Pentagon studio in Nottingham. It reached number 1 in the Children's Charts with 7.5 million viewers one week according to an interview with the creator, Matthew Smith, at Jedi's Paradise.
The lyrics to the title music by Matt Flowers-Smith are hard to decipher, but include "Come on and meet the little green man and zoom zoom... quite invisible...come to see...the little green man". You can listen to them in the file below. The song was sung by the children of Trinity Comprehensive School in Nottingham.
Characters and episodesEdit
There were three main characters;
- The Little Green Man himself. AllMovie says The Little Green Man was a "gobbledygook-spouting, egg-shaped hero". He was invisible to everyone but Sidney.
- His pet "Zoom Zoom". Zoom Zoom looked a bit like a sun.
- Sidney Keets, a human boy. Called "Skeets" by The Little Green Man.
Each of the 13 episodes of the cartoon lasted ten minutes:
- The Visitor From Space
- There's No Fun Like Snow Fun
- Up, Up And Away
- Greenie Thro' The Looking Glass
- Help For The Duke
- Monkey Tricks
- Skeet's Scarf
- A Trip To The Circus
- Adventure In Space
- A Fishy Tale
- A Bicycle Made For Three
The Little Green Man and Zoom and Zoom are shown at the start of this promotional video:
The most extensive site online about The Little Green Man is Little Gems which includes screenshots of many of the episodes.