Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Oscar Romero was a Bishop of the Roman Catholic Church in El Salvador. He became the fourth Archbishop of San Salvador, succeeding Luis Chávez. He was assassinated on March 24, 1980.
Oscar Romero had the following spiritual beliefs:
- love for the Church of Rome, shown by his episcopal motto, "to be of one mind with the church", a phrase he took from St. Ignatius' Spiritual Exercises;
- a tendency to make a very deep examination of conscience,
- an emphasis on sincere piety,
- mortification and penance through his duties,
- providing protection for his chastity,
- spiritual direction (Romero said he "entrusted with great satisfaction the spiritual direction of my life and that of other priests" to priests of Opus Dei),
- "being one with the church incarnated in this people which stands in need of liberation,"
- eagerness for contemplative type of prayer and also finding God in others,
- fidelity to the will of God,
- self-offering to Jesus Christ.