Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Banana trees are mostly grown for their fruit which contain vitamins and potassium.
Parts used in cooking:
- The fruit.
- The flowers.
- The core of the trunk (for example in mohinga).
Uses outside of cooking:
- The juice extracted from the core is used to treat kidney stones and jaundice.
- The leaves are used to for cooking, storage, and serving food.
- The leaves and shoots are used as for making textiles.
- The trunk is used for fibres in rug-making.
- The fibre and bark is used to make paper